- Youth kicks toddler while group attack 'pregnant' mum in sickening garden brawl
WARNING DISTRESSING FOOTAGE Video of the shocking incident shows a confrontation outside a home turn violent in Brooklyn, US, as a youth attacks a little girl
- Ghislaine Maxwell cries as she’s refused bail and accused of having 'no remorse'
British socialite Maxwell, 58, could remain in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn for a year with her trial not due to start until next July
- Keeley Bunker 'found face-down in pool by uncle' after being 'murdered'
Keeley Bunker's uncle found her body lying face-down in a pool in a Tamworth park after her alleged killer Wesley Streete - who denies all charges - was 'trusted' to walk her home
- Young worker felt 'broken' after being 'groped' by ex-MP Charlie Elphicke
A young woman who accused Charlie Elphicke of sexual assault told another worker the ex-MP "tried to touch her breast" and on another occasion had "put his hand on her thigh", a court has heard
- Ghislaine Maxwell pleads not guilty to alleged sex trafficking of minors
The 58-year-old socialite appeared before a judge in New York formally charged with procuring girls as young as 14 for Jeffrey Epstein between 1994 and 1997
- Dad strangled pregnant daughter, 17, to death to 'preserve family honour'
The teen, who was from Mantoli village in India's northeastern Uttarakh and state, was murdered in her bed in the middle of the night after her family discovered she was pregnant
- Body of missing pregnant schoolgirl, 14, found by brother in wasteland
Rocio Magali Vera was two months pregnant when her mother reported her missing. Her brother Miguel Angel made the gruesome discovery after searching tirelessly for his sister
- Girl, 12, forced to marry man, 45, and become his fourth wife to 'repay favour'
The schoolgirl victim married the man four weeks ago after it was arranged by her adoptive mother. Her biological mother is begging police to take action
- 'Caring' young dad hacked to death with machete in broad daylight
EXCLUSIVE: Wolverhampton machete attack victim Paulius Petrasiunas, 24, had a one-year-old son and was originally from Lithuania, say heartbroken friends as police search for a suspect
- Keeley Bunker murder trial jury discharged after juror 'had panic attacks'
Keeley Bunker, 20, was found dead in Wiggington Park in Tamworth, Staffordshire, after she was allegedly raped and murdered by her "trusted" friend Wesley Streete, a court was told
- Woman 'collapses and dies after having £400 vitamin drip' as therapist arrested
Rita Sauguniene, 63, from Forest Gate in east London, was pronounced dead at her home just hours after reportedly undergoing the vitamin drip she had been given as a present from her husband
- Five women die in seven weeks in UK town sparking wave of murder investigations
The alleged murders of Amanda Sedgwick, Michelle Morris, Amy-Leanne Stringfellow, Claire Anderson and an unnamed woman - all in the same town of Doncaster, South Yorkshire - have caused alarm but police do not believe they are connected
- 'Blood-curdling screams' and cries of 'don't do it' as man killed with machete
A man in his 20s - who friends say was the father of a young child - died after he was attacked with a machete in broad daylight at a block of flats in Wolverhampton
- Mum who stamped on own daughter jailed after turning home into cannabis farm
Helen Procter, 41, from Hull, went on the run for almost two years after the cannabis farm was found at her home. She had previously been jailed after attacking her teenage daughter
- First picture of man, 43, killed in 'horrific' shooting walking through park
Detectives are appealing for information after 43-year-old Dean Edwards from South Norwood, was shot in the back of the head as he walked through a park in Penge on Sunday morning
- Thug filmed seriously injuring police woman pushing her down stairs amid protest
Jamie Dewing shoved the officer - who now needs physiotherapy on her neck and back - during violent disorder at a London protest last month
- Dad and girlfriend arrested after body of 'beautiful' daughter, 3, found in wood
Howard Jansen, 29, and Jacqulyn Kirkpatrick, 33, face life in prison if convicted after being charged with first-degree murder, aggravated child endangerment and criminal desecration
- Baby boy, 1, shot in stomach and killed as three gunmen fire on park cookout
Davell Gardner was shot in the abdomen while in his baby stroller as worried police chiefs ' denounce this disgusting violence' which is soaring across New York during the coronavirus pandemic
- Instagram star 'Hushpuppi' was 'kidnapped by FBI' to face trial in US
Ramon Olorunwa Abbas, who called himself 'Hushpuppi' on Instagram, was 'kidnapped' by FBI agents when he was taken from Dubai to Chicago, in the US to face money laundering charges
- First federal execution for 17 years in United States blocked by judge
A federal judge in Washington DC has once again blocked the Trump administration from executing Daniel Lewis Lee, a white supremacist who slaughtered a family including an eight-year-old girl
- Wood Green shooting: Police appeal after man shot during chase down busy north London high street
Police said it was 'extremely lucky that other members of the public were not harmed'
- Ghislaine Maxwell denied bail after pleading not guilty in Jeffrey Epstein abuse case
Ghislaine Maxwell has been denied bail after she pleaded not guilty to assisting Jeffrey Epstein's abuse of underage girls.
- Man charged with attempted murder after women injured at Amazon depot in Tilbury
A women with "serious injuries" was taken to hospital
- Johnny Depp libel trial: Court shown pictures of faeces after star accuses ex-wife Amber Heard of defecating in his bed
Johnny Depp's housekeeper was "horrified and disgusted" when she discovered human faeces in the bed at his Hollywood home, she told the High Court.
- Alleged sex assault victim of ex-Tory MP Charlie Elphicke left 'distraught', court hears
A young parliamentary worker was left "distraught" after being allegedly groped by ex-Tory MP Charlie Elphicke, a court has heard.
- Jahreau Shepherd murder: Management company appeal to raise £12k for funeral costs after MMA star stabbed to death at his 30th birthday party
A fundraiser has been launched to cover the funeral costs of a British champion fighter who was stabbed to death at his birthday party.
- Cigarette smuggler Haroldas Bernotas finally jailed after spending two years on the run
Investigators tracked the fugitive to Lithuania where he was arrested in June
- Bow crane collapse: First picture of June Harvey, 85, released as family pay tribute to retired dressmaker
Ms Harvey was sorting through clothes upstairs in the terrace house in Bow, east London when the crane crashed through the roof
- Shocking moment protester pushes police officer down stairs during demonstration to 'protect statues' in Westminster
A man who injured a female police officer by shoving her down stairs during a demonstration aimed at "defending statues" is facing jail.
- Two men arrested after Ryanair flight diverted to Stansted Airport due to 'bomb note' found in toilet
Two men have been arrested after a Ryanair flight was diverted to Stansted Airport following a bomb scare.
- Rape being 'decriminalised' due to a 'catastrophic' decline in prosecutions, victims' commissioner says
Rape is effectively being decriminalised due to a "catastrophic decline in prosecutions", the Victims' Commissioner has warned.
- Victim of fatal shooting in Penge is named as Dean Edwards, 43
The victim of a fatal shooting in south London has been named as 43-year-old Dean Edwards.
- Pop Smoke death: Four charged with murdering US rapper Pop Smoke in Los Angeles
Two adults and two teenage boys have been charged with murdering rapper Pop Smoke, who was killed during a Los Angeles home-invasion robbery in February.
- Man charged with murder after teen stabbed to death near Crossharbour DLR station in east London
A man has been charged with murder and attempted murder following stabbing near a DLR station in east London.
- Murder probe after man in his 20s stabbed with machete in broad daylight attack
Police have launched a murder probe after young man was stabbed to death in a broad daylight machete attack.
- Edgware Road murder: Three teens guilty of stabbing Yousef Beker, 17, outside KFC
Three teenage boys have been found guilty of fatally stabbing a 17-year-old student outside a KFC in central London.
- Pensioner dies after being knocked down by cyclist in east London hit-and-run
A pensioner has died after being knocked down by a cyclist in a hit-and-run incident in east London.
- One-year-old boy shot to death in his buggy and three others injured after gunmen open fire at Brooklyn barbecue
A one-year-old boy was shot to death in his stroller after gunmen opened fire at a barbecue in Brooklyn, New York.
- Wilfried Zaha: Boy, 12, released under investigation after Crystal Palace star racially abused on social media
Officers investigating a series of racist messages sent to a Premier League footballer have released a 12-year-old boy under investigation.
- Champion MMA fighter Jahreau Shepherd stabbed to death at his 30th birthday in weekend of bloodshed in London
AN MMA fighter stabbed to death at his 30th birthday party was one of three men killed in a weekend of bloodshed in London.
- Dad killed in Wolverhampton machete attack named as Paulius Petrasiunas, 24
'We will love you forever my beautiful angel.'
- Twelve arrested for stealing ‘bikes of NHS staff’ outside hospital
Police launched a sting operation to catch bike thieves.
- Appeal to raise funeral funds for MMA fighter killed at his 30th birthday party
Jahreau Shepherd was found with stab wounds on the Black Prince Estate in Kennington, south London, shortly after 10pm on Saturday.
- Woman rearrested on suspicion of murdering baby boy
The baby was found ‘seriously unwell’ at a flat near Southampton and died four days later.
- Woman, 35, found dead is named as police release murder suspect
Claire Anderson, 35, was found unresponsive by emergency services at the property in Thorne Road, Doncaster, just before 9.30pm on Saturday.
- Family offer £4,000 reward after 17 dogs and puppies stolen from kennels
They were taken in a raid on a boarding kennels.
- Far-right protester shoved police officer down stairs and tried to blame someone else
Jamie Dewing, 31, was caught on camera shoving the officer during a violent confrontation with police in Parliament Square.
- Rape has been ‘effectively decriminalised’ by ‘catastrophic decline in prosecutions’
The Victims Commissioner said only 3% of rape complaints resulted in a charge in 2019, with the number expected to be even lower this year.
- Suspected machete killer, 20, on the run after man stabbed to death
The suspect ran from the scene after a horrified witness called 999 in Wolverhampton on Monday evening.
- ‘Trusted’ friend ‘raped and killed woman, 20, after promising to walk her home from night out’
Keeley Bunker's uncle found her body lying in a park pool last year.
- Maths teacher filmed himself masturbating in school toilet ‘to send to girl, 13’
Khaled Miah, 40, has been jailed for 16 months.
- Police help deliver baby before being injured at rave in unforgettable shift
Constables Siobhan Singh and Isabella Taborro were praised for their humanity and bravery during the eventful day at work.
- Two paramedics in hospital after three ambulances attacked on same night
Health bosses said drink and drugs played a part in the separate attacks which led to two arrests and two ambulances out of action.
- Driver ‘stabbed to bits’ with pitchfork by group smashing up his car
Half a dozen hooded suspects block the road with vehicles to trap the victim before launching a frenzied assault.
- Woman blew disabled mum’s £5,000 life savings on Christmas presents
Leah Msutu was spared jail over the 'shameful act of betrayal'.
- Foreign criminals to be banned from entering UK
Priti Patel is set to announce the UK's new points-based immigration system, which will replace the EU's freedom of movement from January 1.
- Priti Patel ‘worried fear of looking racist’ stopped police tackling sweat shops
The home secretary is reportedly set to introduce new modern slavery laws, claiming current legislation is 'not fit for purpose'.
- Man in 30s shot dead as London endures more bloodshed
The man, believed to be aged in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene in Penge, South London, the Metropolitan Police said.
- Thirteen arrested after ‘police officer attacked’ and ‘youths descend on town’
Officers said they attempted to arrest a suspect but a large group of youths ‘descended on the area’ and ‘became aggressive towards police’.
- Man knifed to death in double stabbing sparks murder investigation
Officers from the Metropolitan Police were called to the Black Prince Estate in Kennington, south London, shortly after 10pm on Saturday, where a 30-year-old man was found with stab wounds.
- Far-right supporter admits shoving female police officer down stairs at London protest
Officer left with lasting injuries from incident at rally attended by supporters of the English Defence League and Britain First
- Dawn Sturgess death: Inquest must consider if Russian state responsible for Salisbury poisonings, High Court told
Lawyer representing victim's daughter says establishing ultimate responsibility for novichok attack is 'matter of almost unparalleled public concern'
- 'We are witnessing the decriminalisation of rape,' warns victims' commissioner
'In some cases, we are enabling persistent predatory sex offenders to go on to reoffend in the knowledge that they are highly unlikely to be held to account,' states Dame Vera Baird
- Two arrested after bomb threat forces Ryanair flight to divert to Stansted
Pair held on suspicion of 'making threats to endanger an aircraft'
- 'More and more' victims dropping out of prosecutions as court backlog mounts during coronavirus
Victims' commissioner for England and Wales says pandemic presents a turning point for criminal justice system
- Driver charged with speeding at 143mph on A-road in Scottish Highlands
Police say speeding incident took place near Inverness on Friday evening
- Police enforcement of coronavirus laws at lowest level since lockdown started
Data show fines have dropped sharply as restrictions have been relaxed in England and Wales
- Bolton stabbing: Man arrested after 10-year-old boy knifed in house
Eighteen-year-old suspect being questioned by police
- Hendon stabbing: Police officer knifed during arrest in London
Officer knifed in arm during chase after police called to reports of man with knife
- Man jailed for trying to steal Magna Carta from Salisbury cathedral
Mark Royden, 47, believed the 'priceless' document to be a fake
- Two arrested over alleged £500,000 coronavirus 'bounce back' loan scam
Man in 40s suspected of recruiting people to set up fake companies and bank accounts to launder money
- Man jailed for 10 years after UK's largest residential seizure of MDMA and crystal meth, police say
Border Force officers say they found stash hidden in children's toys, which was later linked to separate haul found by council workers
- Kelly Fauvrelle: Ex-partner found guilty of fatally stabbing pregnant former girlfriend and her baby
Their son, Riley, was delivered by caesarean section but died in hospital four days later
- Motor vehicle thefts soar by 56 per cent in 'disturbing' increase over last four years, figures show
RAC warns numbers are 'rocketing' in some parts of the country
- Prosecutors refuse to explain why they dropped terror charges against Kurdish YPG supporters
One defendant believes the about-face was made to avoid revealing diplomatic communications with Turkey
- Liverpool shooting: Woman with knife shot by police
Officers were called to reports of woman 'armed with a knife' in Toxteth
- Sussex Police officers pin man on road as he shouts 'I can't breathe'
Force refers itself to watchdog after video footage of incident circulated online
- 'Neo-Nazi' Metropolitan Police officer charged with being member of far-right terrorist group
Benjamin Hannam, 21, allegedly belonged to proscribed organisation National Action
- Police risk being 'overwhelmed' by rising 999 calls after budget cuts
Forces are having to 'take on problems that other organisations can no longer manage because of fewer resources', watchdog says
- British man sentenced for £12,000 fake coronavirus treatment kit scam
Frank Ludlow sold kits in the UK, US and France